Glacier National Park recently surpassed 100,000 “likes” on the park’s Facebook page, three years to the day that the page was created in 2009. Jared, from Huntsville, Alabama, became the 100,000th “friend” of the park through this popular social media venue.
Glacier National Park Superintendent Chas Cartwright said, “It is amazing to see the role of social media with park visitors, and those visitors that visit the park virtually.” As a 36-year veteran of public land management, Cartwright never imagined the vast opportunities that social media provides.
As a leader within the National Park Service, Glacier National Park utilizes social media tools to communicate and connect with individuals interested in the park. These tools allow individuals to choose how to be informed, and how often to be informed.
Glacier National Park social media tools include; Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, and the world-wide web. For more information about each tool and how to access each, visit http://www.nps.gov/glac/parknews/index.htm.
Photo: Mike Mamrosh, National Park Service
- sarifularul likes this
- germantvlive likes this
- nervous-noodle likes this
- isnarniainyournose reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- filmes-no likes this
- alythebird reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- alythebird likes this
- btx91 likes this
- isnarniainyournose likes this
- somanabolic-muscle-maximizer-1 likes this
- mobilya-modelleri likes this
- kayu-oyna reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- ayder-yaylasi reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- ayder--yaylasi likes this
- yatak-odasi-modelleri reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- garengan likes this
- nrgmovers reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- cabinsintexas likes this
- securedloans2012 reblogged this from americasgreatoutdoors
- securedloans2012 likes this
- nrgmovers likes this
- jak-zrobic-czekolade likes this
- ajanato102 likes this
- americasgreatoutdoors posted this